Monday 19 March 2007

Sponsorship

Well it's great to be off work on Mondays as everyone hates Mondays at work! They start with what seems like 10 meetings to discuss the week that was and then the week that will be, followed by a meeting with the team to keep them on track. I suppose the good thing is, by the time that's out of the way it's time for lunch.

Anyway, this week I spent Monday morning, well afternoon really by the time we'd left the house, at Merry Hill shopping center (nr. Dudley and yes everybody does sound like Noddy Holder from Slade, "Kipper tie, Noddy? Yes please two sugars!") Now as anyone who knows me, I'm not the best shopper in the world, preferring to do mine on the internet or not at all really. Today was completely different from the Christmas shopping jaunts that I usually end up getting sweaty about. No screaming kids, no Mothers with pushchairs stopping right in front of you for no reason causing you to slam into the back of them. No groups of chavs covered in cheap gold and giving out evils and best of all no queues in the shops.

So on to the subject of this post, sponsorship. No, I'm not asking for any money or anything like that, it's about labels on clothes. I think this coming RTW trip I will be better dressed than when I go to work. It's a casual dress policy at our office, and this can mean anything from shirt and tie to shell suits and miniskirts (and that's just the fellas!). My travel gear so far consists of a Karimor Backpack, Oakley sunglasses, Merrell trainers, Quicksilver trousers and a host of other top names. Now I'm not complaining, far from it, but it just seems funny to me that I have all this top gear when I turn up to work in knackered trainers (they are adidas mind), faded jeans and teeshirts that have shrunk, and they have shrunk, it's not my ample girth expanding. However, after writing all of this one has to look the part otherwise there's no point.

Matt

P.S. And I've got a Berghaus waterproof jacket too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be fair though, Sweeney's never worn the shell suit & miniskirt on the same day!

Unknown said...

Berghaus...???

Chav!!

;o)