Wednesday 21 March 2007

No place like home

Well as Matt has already said we are enjoying our week off, whenever we've been off work in the past it's always been to go on holiday, so it's nice to just have a week off and catch up with friends and family.
We spent the first part of the week with Matt's parents in Droitwich, Worcester. Went out on Saturday night with a few of Matt's mates (his Reading Ravers!!), we went into Droitwich into a pub called Spiders, which is by far one of the better pubs there, when we got in there were 4 other people in there, by the time we'd got our drinks and sat down we were the only ones in there, and were for the rest of the night. That's about as busy as it gets in Droitwich on a Saturday night, which is good for us as you don't have to queue to get to the bar :o)
Yesterday we drove "Up North" to see my folks, it's been freezing cold and snowing since we got here, although it's a getting a bit warmer now, or is it because were becoming acclimatised?!?!
I've been out this morning to the dentist for a couple of fillings and a tooth out that has been giving me problems. I originally had to have a crown fitted to it as it was too badly decayed to be filled, I paid something like £200 to have a porcelain crown about two years ago, just before Christmas I was enjoying a Thortons chocolate covered toffee and it pulled the crown out, and part of the tooth that it was attached too, the dentist said he could try and repair it or I could just have it out. I decided to have it out,as ever since I had the crown fitted I've had all sorts of problems with it, my gums getting infected etc. When I came out I looked like I'd had a stroke, or like somebody had punched me, all the side of my face was collapsed and swollen, I could hardly talk (luckily for Matt the anaesthetic has now worn off and I can chew his ears off again, I think he was looking forward to some peace and quiet :-))
Also took the car in to get a new exhaust (exciting stuff eh??) so all in all I've had quite an expensive morning, I'll probably stay in for the rest of the day!!
It's my parents Ruby Wedding Anniversary on Friday (40 years) so were all going out on Saturday night in our best bib and tucker for some fine wines and a la ca rte cuisine.
Steen and Nicola text us last night, they are coming over from Switzerland in April for a few days, and are going to be staying with us, we are going to get lots of tips and advice about travelling through South America as they did it a few years ago.
I have a feeling it will be discussed after copious amounts of alcohol, as is always the way whenever we see them!
Will be good to get together again as we haven't seen each other since we went up to Nicola's dad's cottage in Keswick for a long weekend in November.
Only back at work for 2 weeks and then it's Easter weekend woohoo!! and only got 46 more days and were off on our trip, that's 46 more days of luxury!!!!

No comments: