Friday 11 May 2007

Hot in the City

It is so bloody hot here it's uncomfortable. We had a massive storm at about 4am and it kind of cleared the air for a while but now it's as humid as ever, it's not so bad when you're laid on a beach somewhere but when you're chasing round NY trying to see and do everything it gets a bit much.
Yesterday we booked our bus tickets to go to Boston, we leave on Sunday and are gonna be there for 2 weeks, taking in Cape Cod too which is a popular tourist spot with the locals, we will probably hire a car to get around. We have booked a hostel for the first 4 nights but having read some reviews about it, it sounds even more horrific than the one were in now (not possible)
Yesterday we went to Times Square, it is just a mass of hustle and bustle, it was amazing (will upload some more pics next week) we also went to the Cinema while we were there and watched a film (oh it's great been off work) it was really funny in the cinema as the yanks clap and shout out through the film, almost like heckling at a comedy club!!
Everything is MASSIVE here, the portions are overwhelming and so are New Yorkers waist lines, although you can tell they are trying to get their act together from a health perspective as everything is sold as non trans fat, contains antioxidants etc. The cars are also huge, not just your average four wheel drive but summat like you would see in Monster Trucks, and every body has got one, and EVERYBODY gives it plenty on the horn, it was quite amusing at first but now were just sick of hearing it.
We went to the launderette this morning and did our first load of washing, everything in together, ooh it makes me cringe to put my whites in with my coloureds!!!
Anyway I've 60 seconds left so Im outta here, night y'all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to both! I'm hoping I'm putting this post on right cos I'm not very good with computers, I need to get a job in IT.
I'm already hooked on your blog, it certainly passes a couple of minutes when I catch up with you, then a couple of hours while I day dream as to whether it would be something i could do! (answer is no...I'm just not the type)
Take care - Jo Wilson

Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad said...

When it's hot and humid try sprinkling some talc powder in the sheets :-0 helps keep you cool, works !