Sunday 9 March 2008

Carry on Camping

I can't believe it's Sunday night again already, these 2 day weekends need a review!!

We have had a bit of a nightmare weekend this week with cars but I can't be bothered to go into all the detail and tell you about it. Suffice to say, it's going to cost money :o(

I still haven't been paid yet as I actually started my job on pay day, so the only money I have had since we returned from our jollies is £200, courtesy of the tax payer. Roll on the 20th March!! We have managed to get saving, well I say saving, my parents have very kindly and generously donated 1k of their hard earned cash (and believe me it is hard earned as my mum is a nurse!!) to our mortgage fund, so we officially have 'savings' People keep asking us about the wedding, but the wedding is not as important at the moment as us buying our own house is. I could hardly expect Matt to carry me over the threshold of somebody elses house when we tie the knot could I? So once we have a house we will set a date for the big day, we hope to achieve both within the next 18 months, so Jo and Di you wont have to wait too long to buy your hats!

I'm loving my new job, I spend most days putting processes in place for our new call centre and trying to recruit some staff. I have managed to secure 2 up to now and have another to interview on Tuesday. The settling in period is well and truly over too and last week I was dealing with customer complaints. I'd forgotten just how much I love Customer Service and sorting problems out, my phone never stopped ringing last week and I've only been there 3 weeks! It's also great talking to people who want help and advice on their motor homes and caravans and finding out where people are going on their travels, it's not like a job. I'll tell you what I can give Judith Chalmers a run for her money! I did get a bit of unexpected news last week though, that I wasn't really expecting, and that is a trip to Barcelona!! Not sure if I mentioned this on my last blog... anyway we have a supplier of awnings (google it for all you non campers!!) in Barcelona and we are going out to their factory sometime soon. We also have a supplier who is based in Bradford, I think I'll opt out of that one, for obvious reasons!!

Matt has finally stopped spending money and buying gadgets, I think he's getting it out of his system. He did buy me a iPod Nano for getting a job which came as a complete surprise. I hadn't even worked out how to use my new phone or boot my laptop up before I had another gadget to contend with. I've taken all his bank cards away from him now, it's for his own good!

Some of our friends are coming up to Hull for Good Friday, it really will be GOOD Friday for them as they're from Droitwich and nothing ever really happens there. I think somebody from Droitwich once applied for a passport, and then somebody from Droitwich passed their driving test and even contemplated buying a car, they have also just got an Aldi supermarket there so it is an up and coming town, I think most of the houses there have electricity now too, although there are still a few locals who are struggling to adapt.
We will be showing our mates the cultural delights of The Avenues, and the many bars and restaurants that we frequent. I think it's safe to say we are going to have a 'cracking' Easter weekend!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget our lovely chinese take away and our 1 little tea room. We did have 2 but one is still closed due to the floods last summer. We have a theatre, a beautiful park with an open air lido. We have a Waitrose supermarket as well as an Aldi. I agree it's very quiet and 3 cars at the traffic lights does class as a traffic jam but hey, Matt is Droitwich born & bred and he's no dummy! And we have more pubs than people! X

Matt said...

I can see that my Mum has "bitten" and has got straight to defending Droitwich. I'd have to agree it isn't a bad place (and Michelle was only joking anyway!) There is a good chinese there and if it wasn't for the floods , we would never have discovered it. We used to use another one that is poor in comparison.

Still, 4 people in the busiest pub on a saturday is quiet!

Michelle said...

Of course I was joking. Droitwich is lovely, it's just like NZ in that it lacks people, well on a Saturday night it does!

The high street is really quaint and for anybody who didn't know it you would think it was York, lots of old buildings and nice architecture.

And as Matt's mum mentioned they do have a lovely Chinese :o)

Anonymous said...

Steady on now, we don't want to be overrun with tourists - the tea room won't be able to cope. X

Anonymous said...

Nora Batty is looking for a job!