Friday 3 August 2007

BA (Buenos Aires NOT Mr.T)

Well we finally got out of Chile and into Argentina after blowing our budget and booking flights instead of waiting for the pass (between Santiago and Mendoza) opening up again. After our delays in Bolivia due to the miners strike we didn´t want to wait around and lose anymore days. Argentina is a huge country and we want to see as much of it as we can in our three remaining weeks in S.America.

So, we arrived in Buenos Aires, the capital, yesterday afternoon and first impressions are good. It is a mammoth city with plenty to see and do so I think we´ll be spending at least the weekend here. This place is a lot more lively than Santiago and there seems to be thousands upon thousands of restaurants too, which is always good. In true budget-blowing fashion (well we seem to be on a roll now) we bought the lonely planet guide for Argentina too for the sole reason of it having a bigger list of restaurants than our rough guide. Lo and behold there is an indian restaurant here, called Mumbai, which we´re going to seek out later. We´ve just bought tickets to see Oceans 13 (although the name in spanish bears no resemblance to the English version so I hope it is Oceans´ 13!) so after that we´ll be hotfooting it over for a curry.

Well ,there´s not much more to report on here, so I´ll leave it at that. One more thing I´ll say is that I hope everyone at eComet enjoys the "leaving do of leaving dos" tonight as four of them are either leaving or going on maternity leave. So, on that note, Phil Sewell, good luck with your pregnancy and I hope you don´t get weird cravings for gherkins and marmalade!!

Adios Amigos!

4 comments:

Matt said...

p.s. The film was amusing but not as good as the first one. However, the curry was fantastic; it´s been a long time since I´ve sweated over a meal (well whilst consuming it, I´ve sweated a few times when meals have been leaving me!)

Anonymous said...

You could always get your name
changed by deed poll to
Matt.'Loosely'.without creating
a stink up!.
I'm beginning to understand why
you are always on the move.
No flies on you eh? ;-)
Geoff.

Matt said...

Reminds me of that classic joke, Geoff. An Irishman goes into the council office and says "Hello my name is Patrick Sh*thouse and I´d like to change it by deed poll". The council official says "What do you want to change it to?". The Irishman answers "Michael!"

Anonymous said...

:0)

Yeah,You've gotta laugh,it wears well.
Geoff.