Friday 6 July 2007

Food, Glorious Food!

Hi, hope you are all well. Over the last few days (we are in Puno right in the south of Peru) I have been day dreaming quite a bit about food we have back home. Now I wouldn´t go as far as saying that the UK is well known in the gastronomy stakes, but there are a few dishes that I´m missing. For instance, roast dinners, a good fry up and a decent Indian curry (I know it isn´t technically a British dish, but people do say the balti was invented in Birmingham or was it Bradford?). This is not to say that the food we´ve been having in S.America is bad, far from it. There´s only been a few times when we´ve struggled to get a decent meal and you can always rely on Huevos y papas fritos in emergency (that´s egg and chips for the non-Spanish speaking).

So during my time on the Internet I´ve been searching through flickr photos for good pics of my favourite grub and added them to my favourites (in Flickr). To view these go to the Flickr button on our blog then click on it. Then click on Matt and Michelle Photostream and then click on Favourites (or just click here). Hopefully, you´ll agree that the photos are pretty good even if you don´t/can´t/won´t eat the food itself. (I´m thinking of Ben particularly who doesn´t eat meat or fish, commonly known as a vegetarian. Although he does he say he likes the smell of bacon even though he´s never eaten it.

Anyway, more posts to follow soon when we hit Bolivia on Sunday.

Adios.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Matt,
What about Cave Street Fish and Chips!!

I rang my brother earlier today and while he was on the phone to me, Kirsty came in with Fish & Chips.
I swear I could almost taste them!!

A trip to Cave Street chippy is definitely at the top of my list of thing´s to do when we get back, after getting a job that is!!!

Michelle